Great minds learn with SAGE!
This course is AIA approved for one Learning Unit (LU).
Are you an ASID, IIDA, or IDS Member interested in earning CEU's for this course through IDCEC? CLICK HERE for more information!
Thursday, August 23, 2018
1 pm Eastern, Noon Central, 11 am Mountain, 10 am Pacific
SAGE Webinar: Breaking Bad--Resident-Centered Regulatory Improvements
The Facility Guidelines Institute has championed the creation of the Guidelines for Design and Construction of Residential Health, Care, and Support Facilities, which provides a resource for the development of person-centered long-term care environments. The Guidelines support innovative change in long-term care settings; foster positive outcomes for residents, families, and staff; and provide an alternative to current licensing codes, currently referenced and/or adopted by numerous states. In this presentation, a designer, a provider, and a former authority having jurisdiction will provide an overview of the revised Guidelines, highlight changes and updates, and share critical information for understanding the importance of the Guidelines to providers, regulators, and designers.
• Demonstrate the relevance of the Guidelines from a provider, regulator, and designer perspective.
• Learn how to implement the resident safety risk assessment as a tool for improving resident and family satisfaction.
• Demonstrate support for state adoption of the Guidelines.
• Gain information on the developments of updated regulations that remove barriers to design innovation.
Jane Rohde, AIA, FIIDA, ASID, CHID, ACHA, LEED® AP BD+C and GGA-EB
Principal/Founder | JSR Associates, Inc.
CEO | Garden Spot Village
Skip Gregory, NCARB
Owner | Health Facility Consulting
Thursday, September 20, 2018
25 Good Reasons to Come Out of Your Room
• Learn about operational and design adjustments that inspire residents to pursue a richer social life outside of their rooms.
• Identify ways to modify the design of common areas (interior and exterior) that encourage socialization.
• Establish the importance of making these adjustments for the well-being of the residents, staff, and residents’ family members.
• Reinforce the benefits of the active and engaged community through design case studies.
David Dillard, FAIA
Principal | D2 Architecture
The LeadingAge Annual Meeting + Expo is coming up (October 28-31, 2018) ), and with it comes the SAGE Annual Meeting and Member (and guest!) Reception. Join us to network with some of the other great minds of SAGE!
SAGE Annual Meeting and Member Reception
Tuesday, October 30, 2018
5:30-7:30 pm Eastern
Hard Rock Cafe
1113-31 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19107
(you don't even have to go outside to get here from the convention center...how convenient is that??)
The SAGE Annual Meeting and Member Reception is a terrific opportunity for nonmembers to learn what SAGE is all about. We encourage each member to invite one potential member. If you would like to invite more than one guest, please CONTACT US as space is limited.
Great minds sponsor SAGE!
Special thanks to the following companies for making this event possible. We encourage you to click on the links below and get to know our sponsors. We think they're pretty great!
© 2018 The Society for the Advancement of Gerontological Environments. All rights reserved.
The Society for the Advancement of Gerontological Environments is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.